>

Sunday, March 21, 2010

An Afternoon with Dad


I realized the other day that perhaps it might be nice to update you on Dad with a video. Mom and I went on Friday to give Dad a hair cut and snapped a few pictures. He was not very responsive through most of the taping but I was able to capture some sweet moments. He is very weak and it seems a miracle that he keeps hanging on. I pray everyday he can be released from this life but while his sojourn continues here on earth he will be loved and taken care of. For those of you who have not been able to see Dad/Grandpa for some time this may be a little difficult to watch. Just know that every once and awhile we see a glimpse of him and it would make you smile.


Mom giving Dad a good luck kiss before I start cutting!




A video of Dad...


6 comments:

  1. So sweet! Thanks for posting this and taking the time to edit that video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate you posting this. As hard as it is to watch, I love seeing Grandma and Grandpa together. It makes me miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are moments that one sees a glimmer of recognition or a smile that says "I'm still here" It always makes a memory for me that I treasure and it sustains me on this most difficult of journeys. For all the love and support from our family we (He and I)are truly grateful. Mom/g'ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, this was lovely. Thank you thank you. It is hard to see the weathered shell of the grandpa I love, but I appreciated this. I love you grandma, you are strong and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this Christi...my favorite part is when you all are singing to Grandpa and he hums along...i love that! and we LOVE all of you so much. Can't wait to see everyone in person soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christi & Clotile,
    Thank you so much for sharing this post on facebook. My favortie part is also when you are singing and Wes is humming. We think of you both so often and the journey that you are on. Lee thought the haircut was good. Our love to both of you.
    Jayne and Lee

    ReplyDelete