>

Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the dirt with Grandma.


I got to watch Elli and Wesley the other day while Jessica ran some errands. I had some gardening and thought "What a perfect activity for my grandkids! I'll get so much done and we'll have so much fun doing it!" OK, We had a lot of fun.

Elli insisted on raking the pots we had just planted. We lost a little dirt but the plants survived.



Wesley said that only blue gloves would do. Thank heavens Targets marketing team agreed with him.

First an old fashioned picnic...except I got the food at Wendys which technically makes it not so old fashioned. I could have fried up some chicken and made some potato salad but why?

Gender gardening tools. Gotta love Target.
Wesley got the hang of it and lasted about 2 mintues. Elli's contribution was raking the stone. But who cares, her entire ensemble was color coordinates...pink and green...what else matters?



Zero tolerance for dirt in her shoes. She did this more than worked in it...

But look! We have matching shoes! Mine are on the left I am embarrassed to admit. It's my Mom's fault. I guess with two of us to cook (I'm a twin) she just got tired and didn't finish my feet.
Nature calls. I just wished it hadn't been in the bed we were just about to work in!
So the gardening didn't last long. Next up...running in the sprinklers!


A final shot of the work...I did. My grandkids contribution...not to pull it all out! Great day




2 comments:

  1. Oh so cute Mom. I love those little kids so much. I can't wait for the day that my kids get to "Garden with Grandma". You are the best Grandma ever. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just sat here marveling that you were out picnicing, planting and playing in the sprinklers in FEBRUARY! That is so foreign to me. We just grateful we didn't get the foot of snow my kids in Reno did!

    ReplyDelete