>

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A new chapter for me...












Annie graduated last Thursday (May 21st, 2009).  She is the last of our children and in two weeks will be in Hawaii for school.  After 31 years of raising children, my home will be empty of them. Because I have made great efforts to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for this inevitable day...I think I am going to be fine.  Watching my children grow on their own far outweighs the sorrow of watching them leave.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  It is a tender mercy from God that there comes a defined moment for everyone to set out on their own.  Both child and parent can feel and are sustained by it...even if it is hard at first.  
So what is next for me.  I have gone through all the logical thought processes and have come up with only one sure answer...I don't know.  I do know this.  God will reveal his hand to me if I am prepared to receive it.  With so much more time for myself I am finding time to study and reflect.  My private religious practices are improving and I am learning.  As I shared these moments with my husband, he has reminded me that it serves only me if I don't write it down and share.  And now you know the reason I created this blog.  I have been terrible about writing in a journal.  The idea of writing my daily thoughts and activities is just to personal and quite frankly mundane...but to make an effort everyday to learn and share what I've learned...I can do that.  So on these pages I offer insights from my day.  Much will come from my reflections while working in my garden, some will come as I listen and laugh with my family but most will come from my personal study time with the Savior.  Truly, it is changing my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment